Taxes for Employers

Does your LLC have employees? If so, you will have to pay employer taxes. Some of these taxes are paid to the federal government (the IRS) and are not covered here. (Note, however, that federal employer tax obligations begin with obtaining a federal employer identification number (EIN).)

As a Florida employer subject to the reemployment tax, your small business must open a Florida Florida reemployment tax account with the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR). You must report your business’s first employment within one month of the calendar quarter in which that employment begins. You can register for an account with the DOR online or on paper. Once you register, you will receive a reemployment tax (RT) account number. Then, each quarter, use Form RT-6 to generate a report on wages, pay wages, and pay unemployment insurance taxes.

For more information, including electronic filing, visit the DOR website or contact Pascal Gibert.

Get Started Today

Request A Consultation

Ready to get your personal or business accounting in order? Get connected with an accounting expert who can fulfill your specific needs. 

Posted in
Scroll to Top